|Fig. 401.01 Four Vectors of Restraint Define Minimum
Investigation of the requirements for a minimum system.
- One vector of restraint allows ball to define complete
sphere__ a three-dimensional system.
- Two vectors: a plane__ a two-dimensional system.
- Three vectors: a line__ a one-dimensional system.
- Four vectors: a point__ no displacement.
- Note the possibility of turbining with the position
otherwise fixed by the four vectors of restraint.
- The four vectors define the tetrahedron: the first
identifiable "system" __ a primary or minimum
subdivision of Universe. The ball lies at the center
of gravity within the tetrahedron.
Copyright © 1997 Estate of R. Buckminster Fuller