|Fig. 988.100 Octa-Icosa Matrix: Emergence of S Quanta
- Vector equilibrium inscribed in four-frequency tetrahedral
- Octahedron inscribed in four-frequency tetrahedral
- Partial removal of grid reveals icosahedron inscribed
- Further subdivision defines modular spaces between
octahedron and icosahedron.
- Exploded view of six pairs of asymmetric tetrahedra
that make up the space intervening between octa
and icosa. Each pair is further subdivided into 24 S
Quanta Modules. Twenty-four S Quanta Modules
are added to the icosahedron to produce the octahedron.
Copyright © 1997 Estate of R. Buckminster Fuller